Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into buying a 67-69 camaro. My Dad found one in this warehouse. It has no engine, no rust(as far as he could tell), and is a automatic.

I have been looking for a convertible, but this is a coupe. If we can get it for a cheap price, I think we might buy it. When I go to look at it is there anything I should look out for, or keep a eye open for? I plan on swapping a Caddilac 500, or a big block chevy in, and would like a 4 speed. Has anyone ever done the caddy 500 swap? It makes 400HP, 550 torque stock. What kind of manual trans could hold up to that? Thanks for all the help in advance, and hope to be part of the camaro population very soon.

·
Registered
76 Posts
take a magnet with you to go over the body, and just take a close look at everything. look for rust up under by the rear quarter panels, floor pans, rocker panels, and look for any frame damage to see if its been hit. Good Luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was wondering If I could get some more information on what the differences are between the RS, SS, RS/SS, Z28, etc. I was also wondering what would need to be done to swap in a Big Block Chevy 427, or Cadillac 500 (If possible)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well the rs was a trim package, SS & Z-28 were preforamce packages. you would just have to de-code the vin and cowl tag to find out what it was, and if you plan on putting in a BB new motor mounts and rear end would be the main thing. I would go with the 427 since it would probably be the easiest to install, i don't know what all would need to be done to put in the cadillac engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts