Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I open my car door my horn relay buzzes loudly and goes off when I close the door. This only happens when I have the key in the off position or its removed. If the ignition is turned on the relay does not buzz when the door is open. Any ideas. Just another wiring woe

·
Registered
188 Posts
I dont think its your horn relay, its the key reminder buzzer. Sounds like it is working like it should.

·
Registered
470 Posts
There's a small switch in or near the end of the lock cylinder. Sometimes it sticks. Either that, or you may have a short. More than likely it's just sticky. Pull the wheel and lock plate to check it out......or disconnect the black?wire on the relay.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Mine will go off sometimes after the key is removed and I open the door. I never seem to get around to fixing it (not really sure how) but when it happens I just give the ignition switch a little jiggle and it stops.

·
Registered
470 Posts
The Camaro Service Manual gives a good view of this switch and how to R + R.

[This message has been edited by ChuckD (edited 09-06-2002).]

·
Registered
581 Posts
68 ignition lock is in the dash, not under the wheel,
What you hear is the horn relay buzzing,for the key in ignition reminder feature, sounds like a dead cow,
Seems back in 1968 some people had the habit of leaving the keys in the ignition and some mean person would then just drive off in the car, ( Only if some one would do that to my winter beater K-Car)
In the ignition lock is a small pin that senses the key, this is what is sticking in the lock, you could try flushing the tumbler with brake clean, and compressed air,

[This message has been edited by Rob.Canada (edited 09-11-2002).]

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the info. My iginition lock and ignition switch is brand new. i'll try to flush the lock

1 - 8 of 8 Posts