Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time lurker, seldom post, but find lots of useful information.

Are there alternative sources for the C4 Corvette standard duty caliper bracket (12 inch rotors) for a 69 Camaro with disc spindle? I see they are available on the flynby website, but am concerned about deliverability.
Other vendor brackets will fit LS or C5 Corvette calipers and 13 inch rotors, but that setup requires larger wheels. I've read on the Wheels&Tires forum that other members run the C4 conversion and 15 inch Rallys (sometimes with 3/16 or 1/4 inch spacer).
I didn't want to build my own brackets (hack them out from 1/4 steel with hand tools) from the available .pdf files (pozziracing site) if a cleaner product is available. Thanks.

·
Registered
567 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
H2O - Thanks I'll call them. Their faq page indicates they do not support C4 Corvette 13" rotors, so I didn't think they would have brackets for C4 12" applications. I'd like to use the superior C5 system, but would rather keep 15" wheels.

slazisme - Thanks for the info. I'm thinking about the JL-9 standard duty setup from the C4 Corvette. Looking for an alternate source for this bracket '67-69 C4 brake upgrade conversion brackets

·
10,144 Posts
Speed Tech used to make nice annodized aluminum brackets for the C4 swap. You might ask them, they probably still offer them. I consider std C4 brakes equal to stock Camaro brakes in performance, so not a real help except they look more modern.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
davidpozzi - The brackets don't seem to be popular any longer as most of the sites that used to have them (from older posts) don't list them now. Maybe that's trying to tell me something. Considering your guidance on C4 brakes = Stock brakes and after some additional reading, maybe I need to reconsider this swap. Maybe keep stock brakes with good rotors and upgraded pads or move up to a larger wheel size and C5/C6 brakes. I don't race the car. Maybe this isn't necessary.

Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts