Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am contemplating upgrading my drums to C5 brake calipers on all 4s. I find info about front upgrade but nothing about the rear. Specifically I am not finding any info...including googling it....about what type of Emergency brake setup C5 brakes has. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
427 Posts
You can combine the C5 rotor and caliper with the 4th gen backing plate to get a C5 rear setup. The C5 rotor has about 1" less hat depth so a thicker spacer is required and there could be interference between the caliper and wheel. On the other hand, you might avoid interference with the shocks which is a known problem when doing the 4th gen rear swap on a staggered shock car. Once I find a 4th gen rear disc setup I plan to explore this further.

·
Registered
10,515 Posts
I'm in the middle of the C5 front/C4 rear swap. The rears are from a 93-97 Camaro Z/28, both right hand calipers and brackets due to the staggered shocks. The nice thing about the C4 (Z28) is that it has a built in cable operated E-brake. I'm saving somewhere in the neighborhood of $500 compared to the kits available. But I can really see the value of the kits, as it would be nice to have all of this stuff delivered to your door. It has been fun and educational scrounging up the parts. I've also gotten a lot of help from X33D80 (Andrew) who posts on this board, particularly in reclocking the driver's side caliper bracket so the caliper is more horizontal. (Thanks Andrew) Credit also to torker, where I originally heard of the swap, and to CarlC, who has answered an idiotic question or two for me as well. Thanks guys.

http://www.geocities.com/torkerscamaro/torker.html?200713

1 - 4 of 4 Posts