Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched for the questions but can't find them. I have a 2002 LS1 VEtte that is complete running car with a lot of body damage. I want to use as much of that vette in my 69.

What can I transfer from the car?
gas tank?
Radiator?
brakes ?
what major extra parts will I need?

Is there a ls1 swap sticky somewhere that I am missing?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Re: C% vette LS1 to 69 Camaro how much can I use

I think... engine (and all accessories), ecu and wiring, radiator. ABS would be a real pain, so your call there. There are a lot of aftermarket LS conversion wire/ecu setups, all work well, so you may not really need the factory harness... just keep them around during the project just in case.

Kore3 makes a lot of kits so you may be able to keep most all of the brakes and transfer them over. Give them a call, let them know what you have and they will be able to fill in the missing pieces.

I believe Corvette utilizes a dual fuel tank system, so that won't work. There are quite a few ls1 threads... some here, some on other forums. For my LS project, I have purchased a tank system from Tanks Inc... good pricing, products and customer support. There are other options too... just look around.

Lastly...keep the Corvette around as long as you can... there are a lot of odds and ends that can be used from the donor car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts