Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody tried or heard of adding a cabin filter to their car? After working my butt off building a clean and "new" vehicle, it sure would be nice if maybe this would keep a little bit of the dust out.

I was thinking of modifying the kick panel vents to accept an over the counter filter. One concern is the possibility of it getting wet and how much the air flow would be restricted.

Any thoughts?

·
Retired
26,852 Posts
Larry - I think it's self defeating option unless you never roll your car windows down. As for fabing up something in your '69 you have air coming into the cab from the kick panel vents and via the heater and defroster ducting. That would require 3 filters to get the job done.

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Larry - I think it's self defeating option unless you never roll your car windows down.
That makes sense. But, say if I got caught in a dust storm, it might help keep the interior clean if I wanted some outside, non-refrigerated air at that time.

As for fabing up something in your '69 you have air coming into the cab from the kick panel vents and via the heater and defroster ducting. That would require 3 filters to get the job done.
I failed to mention it has a aftermarket HVAC unit. Since it recirculates its air source, I figured the kick panels would be the only source of outside air.

I'll have to think about this one.

Thanks!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Volkswagon makes the filter housing parts available for the new beetle, basically a cage that fits ontop of the 4"x4" (approx) hole where the screen is (above the blower motor) on a 2006 beetle.

Filters are cheap, I'm about to do something similar to my Nova just for fun, let me know what you end up using!

*there are several manufactors that provide filter housing kits to upgrade vehicles that were not ordered with them, a literal plethora to choose from if you do some looking around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts