Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read all of the good things you all have said about Slide-a-links and Cal-tracks and it was very informative. I would like to build a car to perform decent e/t's at the strip but also corner well in the turns. Im wondering if it is possible to run a 5 leaf spring with either Cal-tracs or Slide-a links plus a watz linkage to locate the rear end during cornering. I this a good idea or am I misguided...The car will be producing around 450 hp in a 67 camaro.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Traction bars are helpful only in a straight line, on corners they will unload the suspension which is a good way to ground loop to borrow a term from aviation. A Watts linkage has to very strong (beefy and heavy) to work well; I would follow the factory's lead with their four link suspension cars and use a Panhard bar instead. Works as well with less weight.

Larger Dave

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Who makes the best set of rear springs? Do you think it is a good idea to unload the traction bars when not at the drag strip??

·
Registered
6,246 Posts

Here's a design put forth by a member a few years back. You can get them made by Betts Spring in San Leandro. You won't be using traction bars with these.

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
I think ono just posted the springs Chicane posted about..

Look him up and PM him on the Boards if he doesn't PM you back to Team Camaro.

I got hold of him last time over at MadMike's great NastyZ28 site, SGCOG!!

pdq67

1 - 6 of 6 Posts