Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this may be a dumb question but here goes, I have a 68 camaro, about to put in a new Moser 9" and about to order a set of caltracs. Question is where do you mount your shocks from with caltracs since the stock shock mount that I have now mounts to the T bolts that go around the axle tube, and isnt that where the caltracs will mount from? So what happens to the shocks? Do you re-locate them? If so where to and how is there a kit you buy? Any pics would be most helpful. Car is a single leaf spring, with new universal spring perches on the new rear end. Kinda has me stumped as to where the shocks will go...THANKS, Are shocks necessary with caltracs? I just need a little help here...LOL

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
Caltracs come with a new lower plate that replaces the stock one and it has a shock mount. Here is an old pic of the ones on my car. Oh, and if your car runs 10's or better, make sure your spring perches are up to the task. :eek:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Calvert sells the reinforced spring perches, too...Competition Engineering makes a cross member that mounts between the upper rear frame rails. You would need to order a different part number rear shock from Calvert if you go that route as it can use the shock with a eye on the top, rather than the stud, and I believe they are shorter. If you use the cross member, you can use the shorter shock with the stud mount on top, but the stud will hit the trunk pan.

Clark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts