Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read a few posts on other forums that all state that in order to run Caltracs on a car, you have to install solid bushings on the front leaf spring eyes.
I also thought I read that you should NOT run solid bushings if you're going to run the car on the street.

So do you absolutely NEED solids to run the Caltracs? I saw a post on another forum where the poster drilled out some poly bushings to accept the Caltrac sleeve.

Anyone heard of that?

·
Registered
175 Posts
I don't know why you wouldn't run solid bushings. I have had them in for a couple of years and no problems at all.

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I remember reading something, perhaps from Dave Pozzi?, saying that solid bushings are bad on turns, and that they put a lot of strain on the car when cornering?

·
Registered
284 Posts
I,ve run solid bushings for ever but for the street i do not see why the poly ones would not be fine. They are alot firmer than the stock rubber ones.

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
I have been running poly with mine for the past 4 years on the street. As others have stated you could run solid up front and poly at the rear. Caltracs will operate and do their job with either although if you plan to drag race the car a "great" deal you may want to go with solid bushings.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I have the slide a link set up which is like the cal track and it came with a solid front bushing i have poly for the rear my car isn't done but im assuming this is an ok set up????

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have both solids and polys in the garage. I sent email to Calvert asking them which way I should go. My concern was the lateral force created on the front spring pocket/J-clips when cornering the car. And no, I'm not going to be putting the types of force on the suspension that Dave apparently does :) I think I've taken most of the twist out of the car by running Global West SFCs along with solid frame mounts, so at this point, I think I've reduced the amount of pressure put on the J-clips, so I'm pretty certain I'll go with the solids.

Thanks,

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm running solid bushings with my Caltracs. When drag racing I tighten the Caltracs by hand until they are hand tight then tighten them one 1/4 turn more. For street and autocross I loosen them completely.

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok...solids it is.

Thanks guys. Still haven't heard back from Calvert...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts