Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Will let you know in a week. Mine are sitting in the garage right now, waiting for me.
What kind of SFCs are you using? I have Global Wests installed. Not welded up on the rear frame rails yet.

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Really. I swear there's a spec of dust about 1" up from the pivot mount on the rod mount on that baseplate pic!

Great looking undercarriage...O/T, but what mufflers are you running?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
& those stupid J-nuts that hold the front leaf spring brackets is a joke, those things strip out easy. I've gone through 3 sets. A poor design by GM if you ask me. If someone has a better idea of mounting those front leaf spring brackets PLEASE let me know. They also look like it is a very weak point, I don't see how 3 bolts & J-nuts hold the leaf spring in place, especially now that I have Calvert split mono's & CalTracs. If drag racing the torque on those J-nuts has got to be bad.

·
Premium Member
6,628 Posts
Greg how much preload do you have on the caltracs. My set up clears the top hole but i have hared of others with the same problem.

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Greg,
I've thought the same thing...seems like a major weak point, but I haven't seen any threads on here about it being a problem, so maybe it's ok?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Greg how much preload do you have on the caltracs. My set up clears the top hole but i have hared of others with the same problem.
Zero preload, I called Calvert Racing & they said that I should run it on the bottom hole anyway to be more parrallel, which is what I though. It is the way you weld up the SFC's, mine should have been moved foward so the notch would clear the top hole. :mad: I'm just going to leave it alone for now. Anyhow the Split Mono's & CalTrac's install went perfect. Can't wait to try it out.:hurray:

·
Premium Member
6,628 Posts
Zero preload, I called Calvert Racing & they said that I should run it on the bottom hole anyway to be more parallel, which is what I though. It is the way you weld up the SFC's, mine should have been moved foward so the notch would clear the top hole. :mad: I'm just going to leave it alone for now. Anyhow the Split Mono's & CalTrac's install went perfect. Can't wait to try it out.:hurray:
Same here thats what they told me too, to run it parallel which gives you a longer pull rather then a hard hit... I did have mine in the upper holes at first and moved it to the lower for my street beast.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts