Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope not to ramble on on this post but there's a few different variables, and I have already called calvert about this, but I think I just need some peace of mind after talking to them.

I am in the process of installing Calvert's split mono leaf spring on my 69. I am also installing Prothane Poly bushings and shackle kit. The rear spring eye on the Leaf Springs is a smaller Mopar style bushing and the Bushings that came with the leaf Springs doesn't have an inner Sleeve. The bolts that came with the Shackle kit are just about the same diameter as the hole of the bushing, so there isn't enough room to even put in a sleeve. I did contact calvert and they said I didn't need a sleeve in the bushing and that with the Nyloc nuts on it I will be ok as long as I dont torque down too hard and compress the bushing. I guess that my question is will I be ok with the sleeve and just running a nyloc nut or should I try and figure something else out.

·
19,839 Posts
If they say you're OK, I would guess they would know their product best....BUT IF you're not comfortable with it that way, I guess you could modify it at your own risk by opening the hole in the bushing to use a sleeve....AGAIN, AT YOUR RISK AND COST.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts