Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have a 461 bb in a 68 it has dart pro 1 heads 335cnc 1000 cfm hp holley and a crane L88 spec 427 cam ,3800 stall ,410 12 bolt with caltracs and a full spool ,it has been dynoed at 600 hp and does 11.3 ,and hooks up nicely ,can anyone recommend a better cam for for around 700 hp without losing too much streetabilty because i want to run mid to high 10s.cheers.

·
Premium Member
11,170 Posts
Last cam I looked at running those big heads and carb was Comp 11-703-9 roller, but did you say street? This one produced over 700 hp and tq .Compression was 13.1

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
600hp should put your car in the mid 10s easy, assuming its around 3500lbs race wt. so your goal should be met easy. And no point in throwing more cam at it, keep it streetable - a win/win situation:thumbsup:

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
Guy,

Not trying to run you off but call here and ask UDHarold, the man himself!!

"I work for Custom Camshaft Company, a division of Arrington Manufacturing.
I stay at my house in Senatobia, MS, and telecommute to work in Martinsville Va. My office phone is 662-301-1245, and so far I'm having to take my wife to work, she's a Staff Accountant in Memphis, so I'm not here before 9:00 AM CST or from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM CST. I answer the phone when it rings, and have sold several cams to Team Chevelle members."

Harold was the man behind Ultradyne cams until he lost it and he FLAT know's his cams!!! There is one heck of a big Ultradyne cam following over at Big Brother, (i.e., Team Chevelle), only b/c they have more BB's in their cars than we do!!

And say hello from old pdq67 too.

pdq67

1 - 4 of 4 Posts