Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done searches on what cam to use for a 350 I am building and my head is spinning. I am going to use flat top pistons, vortec heads, edelbrock rpm air gap, performer 750, headers, and stock lower end. The tranny will be an M20 4spd, gear ratio 3.08, in a 69 camaro. I am trying to build this motor on a budget. The car wont see the strip just a cruiser, I would like it to pull hard in all gears and still be reliable, wanting a fairly good lope to it. I was thinking the comp cams 270H or maybe the L79 350 horse 327 cam.If anybody has a good choice they are using or have used please let me know.
Thanks a bunch Team Camaro
Mike

·
Super Moderator
32,472 Posts
I've had good luck with GM's -962 camshaft. I use GM lifters also, they have a two-piece outer body being as the bottom pad is Parkerized for wear.

Use GM's EOS for break-in, er, AC/Delco EOS.

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
YOu can get take out cams from Salle Chev that are from the Vortec 330 HP engines they sell. you can buy a cam for about $30-$40 from them. This cam has been optimised for the vortec heads and is a revamped copy of the old 350 HP 327 cam only redone to take advantage of the vortec heads.

Joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts