Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok .... I have talked myself into swapping in a new cam before installing the new heads I got. I've talked to a couple cam companys so far and have given them the info they asked for. I would like to bounce these cam specs off you guys and see if anyone can ballpark an HP figure for me.

Hydrolic
Intake Dur. 284' Lift .479
Exhaust Dur. 290' Lift .459

Dur: at 0.050
Intake 226
Exhaust 232

Lobe Lift
Intake 0.319
Exhaust 0.306

Lobe Seperation: 112'

Rocker Arms: Roller Tip 1.5

Edelbrock Performer RPM
202 /160
64cc

Edelbrock 600 cfm and Performer Intake

Flat Top Pistons

Hooker 1 5/8 Headers to Flowmaster 2 1/2 dual exhaust

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone venture a guess?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
damn .... sorry

yeah... 350
I knew there was too much info to forget

·
Registered
167 Posts
Are you tied to the Performer intake or are you willing to purchase a Performer RPM? If so, I'm running a similar combo. I'm runing the Voodoo 268 cam, 60103. It has a nice lopey idle and pulls hard through 6,300 RPM. Will also depend on the trans & gears you are running. I have a 4 speed and 4:11's. You should make close to 400hp with this set-up. Dojn't know if you bought your cam yet.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Didn't buy any cam yet.
Still trying to get all the info I can before I do.
I've screwed up a time or two on this car so far and I'd like to stop that :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Didn't buy any cam yet.
Running a 700R4 with 2,200 Stall .... 3:55 with Posi

I've called Comp Cams, Crower, and Edelbrock so far and they all give me a different opinion

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Didn't buy any cam yet.
Running a 700R4 with 2,200 Stall .... 3:55 with Posi

I've called Comp Cams, Crower, and Edelbrock so far and they all give me a different opinion
Chris, Keep in mind you want to keep motor in power and cruising range. I am not a cam expert but I think that cam you listed is too big for a 700r4 and 3.55 gear. You did not say if the convertor was a lock up. The 268 sounds good to me.

What grind did the cam people recommend?

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Your original post has the intake and exhaust lift numbers reversed...confused me because you aren't running forced induction but I figured it out from the duration numbers. Looks like around 330FWHP, but that intake is a little restrictive compared to the heads.
Nope...thats an older Crower grind. Why so much shorter lift on the exhaust I don't know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.