Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, what steering column will enterchange in a 1969 camaro .. is the firebird different ,, mine is junk and need one from a yard,, does not have to be camaro column,,just one that will enterchange,, with tilt,,,thanks

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Most of the tilt wheels that interchage have been already scoffed up, especially the Novas. I think the early Monte is one you might find. If you are going to a bone yard, measure the length of your column, and take a few pics of the ends. Then search til you find a good candidate, and check it out.

Also check out the pics in the resto catalogs. The end on the tilt is not pressed on like the non-tilt. It has a cast coupling that attaches to a splined end on the shaft.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
The 1970 through 1976 Camaro tilt column will interchange. You just throw away the intermediate steering shaft and connect your detachable flange directly to the steering column shaft. I think that starting in 1977, the end of the steering column shaft was changed to a double flat, so from then on, they won't interchange.

JIML82

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
Great info ,, thanks,, i guess floor shift column is hard to find in 70 79 cars,, i will start looking,,, thanks
i would think the column shift columns would be the hard ones to find. i've only ever seen a couple of them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts