Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the front spring perch, the 3, or 4 bolts that hold it in place, are they the same? I got a call from a friend doing a 69 firebird and says he has a different setup than the camaro slip nut & bolt design.
Anyone know?

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
I doubt it unless his ride has Second Gen./NOVA front brackets under it b/c I think they are taller/lower/deeper(????), WHATEVER, like, but not like, our First Gen. cars!!

I lowered my new NOS brackets front right at 3/4" to get a SLIGHTLY better "tail-end" - stance - on my car..

pdq67

·
Registered
771 Posts
Bracket, rear spring front eye-
Firebird 67-69 3892752 RH 3892751 LH
Camaro 67-69 3892752 RH 3892751 LH
The brackets are the same. The bolts probably are too. I ordered bracket bolts for my bird which i never used. They looked like the originals. I'm pretty sure they sell the same ones for the camaro from classic industries. They are bolts with the clip nuts like used for body parts.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
i just replaced my bolts and j-nuts on both my 67 firebird and my friends 69 bird, both were the same and both were camaro parts

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I thought. I'll give him a call. He says, "the nut has 4 tabs on it and it sits inside something". I told him it is the nut that broke off the clip but he say's no. I haven't seen the car. It lives in Carson City NV. I'll call him again, maybe he put his glasses on. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts