Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was kicking around the idea of swapping out my hood for another one. Currently I have the 4 port hood on my 69 convertible but was wondering if anyone knows of the different options there are out there, pictures, functionality and places where they may be available. For example I know they make the flat hood for the six cylinders, the 4 port hood(SS) the ever popular COWL INDUCTION hood, the STINGER HOOD, L-88 HOOD, and Baldwin motion put a couple of hoods out as well. Anyone have pics of any of these hoods and a comparison on which one works the best on air flow to the intake? Dont forget to mention companies if you know of any that have or produce these hoods.

Thanks
TOOFUN

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
A lot of these hoods can be had in fiberglass or carbon fiber at www.vfnfiberglass.com

I plan on going with a stinger hood from them sometime in the future. Love the look, but I've heard that a functional cowl induction setup gives the best fresh air charge to the engine.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
The L-88 style hood has a raised center (similar to a coel induction hood) and is open at the base of the hood. You could probably modify the L-88 hood slightly to direct cold air to the carb.

What ever you do, don't buy a hood from Motion Performance. Mine was so warped it wouldn't fit on the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts