Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 1996 Camaro hasn't been running right for the past few weeks. I've been trying to figure out the solution but have had no luck. When you go to turn her on you have to at least turn the ignition switch over three times for her to get a good start. when running if you push the gas pedal down a little too much she starts to putter bad almost like shes misfiring. She also does this when going up hills. When on the highway if I try to accelerate to keep my speed when going up a hill she starts this so I cant accelerate and I start to lose speed. I changed to spark plugs recently and she ran a little better but she still putters. The battery, alternator, fuel pump, fuel filter, and air filter are fairly new also. The BCM is old though,there seems to be an electrical problem with the car, and there was a problem with the security system when I first got the car and it wouldn't let the car start at all.. The security system has been bypassed but it still gives me problems every now and then. Any help would be great. Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Is the cadillac converter plugged? Maybe a camaro catalytic converter will work.

Cut this out and replace with a Magnaflow unit. Your problem is a plugged cat. Basically youve replaced everything else. Cutting out a cat that old just to see if it fixes the prob wont hurt nothing. If it doesnt fix it you havent lost anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts