Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was wondering if someone can direct me on where to get a good (Master) rebuild kit for my 350. It is out of my 67' Camaro and needs freshened up. I have been looking on ebay for kits. They range anywhere from $200-$500 without machine work. I am not looking for a 500hp motor....a little over 300 would be nice.

What is the way to go while doing this? I don't have much to spend. I was also thinking roller rockers? and possibly a cam?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot

Justin

·
Registered
52 Posts
Try summitracing.com or jegs.com. They seem to have a lot of choices. But doing it right isn't cheap. The best price I could get locally to rebuild my 327 was almost $1500, and just the machining would be $500.

I ended up buying a rebuild on ebay from city motor supply in texas. They built a motor for me with a performance cam, and included chrome valve covers, a chrome oil pan and timing cover, and a chrome dipstick for about $1260, and that's with shipping! And, I had the motor 6 days after I hit "buy it now." Check out this item number: 7914679011.

Call and ask for John Dear. This guy bent over backwards to get me what I wanted. By far the best ebay experience I ever had. Plus, I sold my 327 on ebay and got some of my cost back. Life is good.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys, thanks for the help so far. I am thinking about just putting rings, pistons, seals and gaskets in for now. I am really low on cash and just spent some more money today (Brand new MSD pro billet distributor, blaster coil, MSD iginition for $230!!!!! AND ITS ALL NEW!) so i have to really think about what I want to do with this motor. Thanks again

Justin

*Not sure if it is a numbers matching motor!

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
You know, I hate to say this, but they run pretty darn good with just points, imho!!

AND I have a brand new HEI in a box now!!

pdq567

1 - 6 of 6 Posts