Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It will be here before you know it. Thought I would throw out a couple ideas I've been pondering regarding the upcoming big event. I mentioned in an earlier post that I would approach a couple local businesses regarding a evening cruise/BBQ for the Camaro segment of the Meet. Haven't done so yet but thought I would see if there was any interest from those planning on attending. Also wanted to know if anyone would be interested in participating in a "DYNO DAY"? Our local machine shop, Rohnert Park Machine has a Dyno-Jet chassis dyno on-site. They have held these "dyno days" in the past for large or small groups. They have some pictures of the one they had for some Viper owners on their web site. Looks like alot of fun. Maybe Clill could show off those two red cars? I believe you get two or three pulls per car, printouts of your pulls, and lunch. If anyone is interested let me know and I can get more info reference cost, times etc.

John

·
Registered
620 Posts
A lot of people from the club that I’m involved with are planning on going. We could use more info on local hotels / motels and even camping (RV and regular) areas near the meeting sight (cheep high end). Also has it been decided exactly where the event is other that Rohnert Park? Dynos are nice, but finding a place to stay is more important to me now.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Ed,
Went to the site that you listed and I know that things will change, but it looks like the event will be in the parking lot of the Double Tree Hotel. I think you know my next question; How will they hold all the vendors, swapmeet people and cars in a parking lot? Or is there another site TBD for the “event” portion of this gathering?
Thanks, Mark

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Doubletree has hosted several National level meets in the past. T-Bird Nats, Early A's etc. They've got plenty of room. Hotel is bordered on 3 sides by a golf course. Nice setting. Days will be hot but by 7:00 pm you'll want a sweatshirt. Rohnert Park is 50 miles directly north of San Francisco on Hwy 101. Check the website Ed posted for date info. From what I have read and heard the event is hosted by Classic Chevy internantional. The WCC has formed some sort of aliance with them and is participating in several CCI events around the country. The Rohnert Park event is one. I can check on local lodging facilities to include camping. Lodging should not be a problem as Santa Rosa is 3 miles north and Petaluma is 7 miles south. Between the three towns you will have plenty to choose from. I'll try and get something on the board by early March.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Onemorecamaro,
Thanks. This is what I’m looking for. I did print the map that they have listed and do see that it is adjacent to the golf coarse and to Roberts Lake, I suppose this area will be used too. Also it’s close to the Wal-Mart, and old Sam don’t mind over night RV’ers!!! Again, please let us know about logging in the area (you know, which one’s to use and NOT use!).
Mark (A.K.A. Z28 Mark)

·
Registered
11 Posts
sorry duplicate message

[This message has been edited by Yenkofan (edited 02-13-2001).]

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You aren't kiddin about Wall-Mart. I've seen up to 20 campers on any given day. What's up with that. Looks like the carnival is in town but the only rides are by the front door. LOL

John

·
Registered
620 Posts
There is a thing about Wal-Mart and campers. They don’t mind that you camp over night in their parking lot. If you get a map out and plot the Wal-Marts, they are located along major freeways all over the country so that somebody from South Dakota traveling West along the major freeways has a familiar place to shop. Haven’t you recognized that all Wal-Mart are laid out the same in side the store? Plus I saw a 60 Minuets news program on the subject…..

·
Retired
26,947 Posts
I'm working with the president of WCA who is putting on this gathering. Haven't got much yet as his wife is due this week! That along with the fact that they just had the Camaro Winternationals last week has slowed progress... As I get info I will pass it on. The folks putting on the main show ( www.2001achevyodyssey.com ) are unclear as to what part the Camaro will play at this event.... It's Camaros Limited's 20th year and I would like to see this bloom into a great yearly event Here in CA!!!

------------------
...Dennis
The Cars:
'69 RS Convertible w/SS trim
'96 Z28SS #1679 of 2410
The Club:
Camaros Limited Nor-Cal

·
Premium Member
2,084 Posts
I'm there. Even if I don't get the 3:08's back in, I'll drag it down with the 4:11's.

------------------
Steve
67 SS 396,4-sp
67 RS 327,4-sp
72 RS 350/350
69 4X4 suburban 350,4-sp
73 3/4 ton 454/400
Stevo Camaro's Toy
Our Muscle Cars

G

·
Yo DjD,
I was trying to get in to WCA BB and I registered, but it still won’t let me log in. E- me at work tomorrow or at home tonight. As for the event, that web site just tells about the hotel and some of the events, not much as to where they my be at, or if it is just out in the parking lot. And yes, I do under stand that things will change, but before you know it the event will be upon us. So having a plan is better than just waiting and winging it.
Mark

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'm gonna try to make the whole deal. I've got 4.10's in my Z28, so if I leave Sacramento Wednesday, I oughta be there by Thursday. Yenkofan, you'd have to leave on Tuesday

·
Registered
51 Posts
We are coming down to the show. I think it is about 750 miles for us. We have made reservations at the Doubletree in the blocked out rooms. I think it was $99 per night. We haven't registered for the meet yet. I am confused whether we have to join CCI to take part in all the events, don't know exactly what part WCA is playing. The people I talked to from the local club were helpful but did not have all the answers a month or so ago. planning on getting there a day or two early and touring the wine country.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ed Ernst: I'd have to leave Tuesday the week before!

I would like to meet some of the people from this board if I go...how about name tags or a group meeting or?

------------------
69 Z28 clone w/502/502
69 Hugger Orange Yenko
http://communities.msn.com/427cruiserphotosite

·
Registered
51 Posts
Clill said we could all stay at his house for the week,he is only an hour or so from the show. He would probably feed us too. We might even get turns driving that Red Thing back and forth to the show.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Can I camp out on the front lawn? Bathroom use too? Also do you have car lift to change oil before I head back to San Jose?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts