Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where you can get 1st gen parts in Minnesota? I got a card at the Summer Nationals from an outfit North of the cities that stocked alot of parts , but have since lost the info...

Can anyone help me out?

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Do you mean NOS or repro? I have used Rick's First Generation with a lot of success 1-800-359-7717. There are others like Classic Industries and some others that I have seen mentioned on here. For NOS, I don't know. There's a guy that lives by me that has alot of used stuff but not the rare stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Give This Guy A call,Ron At Mc Henry Classic Car Parts,815-648-1700,he has rare,discontinued,N.O.S. and used parts. he specializes in 1st gen camaros & firebirds

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
Give This Guy A call,Ron At Mc Henry Classic Car Parts,815-648-1700,he has rare,discontinued,N.O.S. and used parts. he specializes in 1st gen camaros & firebirds
Where is he located ??

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the responses guys, I will check out Auto city as I do need glass but the one I was looking for was more of a Resto shop that sells goodmark parts, some original Gm (Small stuff) and they have the parts in house (No waiting for shipment)
They had a trailer full of fenders,gas tanks, door handles, etc..at the Summer Nationals in St.Paul last year and a few Camaros that they had restored. I just cant remember the name and somehow lost their card!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I found the card I was looking for....:hurray:

They restore cars and stock new and used parts .

Heres the info if anyone else from MN is interested.

Hot Rod Factory
20042 Polk St N.E.
East Bethel ,MN
763-413-9333

I myself have not done any business with them so this is not a recommendation, just information.

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
I found the card I was looking for....:hurray:

They restore cars and stock new and used parts .

Heres the info if anyone else from MN is interested.

Hot Rod Factory
20042 Polk St N.E.
East Bethel ,MN
763-413-9333

I myself have not done any business with them so this is not a recommendation, just information.
Cool....I wasn't aware of them.

Auto City is a Goodmark dealer too. I found them on the Goodmark site.
I need to find a rear glass soon too. I was considering their grey one...

·
Registered
343 Posts
I've talked to the guy at Hot Rod Factory. I had there book here somewhere. There part numbers seemed to be the same as Rick's part numbers. I'm not bashing them but I checked them out before I placed an order and noticed it. Who knows... I got there book at the Car Craft Nationals at the Saint Paul Fairgrounds.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am sure they get the same parts as Ricks /Year one/. i just like the idea of being able to go somewhere local to see what I am buying before I buy it, and not have to wait a week or so for it to arrive & paying for shipping as well.
I think I willl make the 50 mi trip next week and get some stuff..

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
were they the guys that had that Camaro shell there that they threw the Goodmark catalog at? every body panel except some of the roof bracing and rear package tray was new, and it looked like it fit together pretty good.
my cousin bought a radiator support and wiring harness- and about $500 worth of other misc. stuff- for his 69 from them, and the prices seemed pretty reasonable.

·
Registered
295 Posts
hey jim, do you need glass with the factory numbers on it, because if you dont i have a guy that puts in muscle car glass, he just put in a front windshield in my 68, really cool guy, knows his crap. he ask me if i needed the tint on the top of the windshield or not (didnt know you could get either or). He comes to you as long as your not too far away from twin cities.Let me know if you want his number.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
I am sure they get the same parts as Ricks /Year one/. i just like the idea of being able to go somewhere local to see what I am buying before I buy it, and not have to wait a week or so for it to arrive & paying for shipping as well.
My thoughts exactly....I have had excellent service from the big name vendors, but to see it in person and not pay the shipping price is a real bonus. I will be needing a trunk floor and braces for my next car too.

egore.....I am interested in your glass man. I don't really need it installed, but if he is competitive with what I would pay just for the glass, I would certainly be interested. Date coding is an option...again depending on cost.

·
Registered
827 Posts
those guys in east bethel always have cars on e-bay. how close are you. i live in southdakota near sioux falls, dell rapids to be exact. i have quite a few nos and used parts. if you go to east bethel i would be interested in the condition of the cars they sell on e-bay, so hard to tell by pics.

·
Registered
827 Posts
looking for a 69 chevelle for a customer of mine, his roof is completely rusted off. damn vinal tops. the rest of the car is nice ss396 good floors ect. 68 may work also. thanks for any leeds.

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
You must be very close to the state line, cause East Bethel is a 50 mile drive for me. This coming week is pretty busy for me otherwise I'd like run up too. If you cross the St. Croix on I94, we could run up together. I would like to see what they have for trunk floor pans. I will be out of town from the 16th to the 24th tho...

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm a big fan of the guys at Auto City. I've bought a bunch for my 'Velle, and have alwyas been treated well.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts