Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cam in my 302 has CR 725 , 11/21/95 , CWC 0288 stamped on it. Am guessing CR means Crane but can't find specs for it. Am running solid lifters.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pulled the L2220A and 7001P TRW which I believe were 12.5-1 and went with JE 10.4-1 but with mild head shave could be higher. Is this cam going to work well with the lower compression?

·
Premium Member
3,265 Posts
Unless someone has the exact cam specs for that camshaft, no one can tell you if it will work with your 302.

if 288 is the advertised duration, I would assume that it is measured at .010 lift.

Camshaft technology has come a long way in 50 plus years.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Pulled the L2220A and 7001P TRW which I believe were 12.5-1 and went with JE 10.4-1 but with mild head shave could be higher. Is this cam going to work well with the lower compression?
The L2210AF pistons are designed to be a bit above the stock CR - 12.2:1 with 64cc heads
Unless you plan on running the engine a lot at high RPMs you might want to consider something besides the solid lifter cam.

I would guess that like me, you wanted to run your engine on pump gas - I went with a full roller Howards cam with the JE pistons in my 327. They're supposed to be 10.25:1 with 64cc heads so in the same CR range as your pistons - my cam is 278/284 with 500/510 lift.
302s produce peak horsepower at higher RPMs than the 327, so you're best bet is to call a cam manufacturer and give them all the details about your engine and how you're going to operate it. They'll recommend what they think is the best grind based on what you want to do with the engine.

·
Premium Member
8,358 Posts
The L2210AF pistons are designed to be a bit above the stock CR - 12.2:1 with 64cc heads
Unless you plan on running the engine a lot at high RPMs you might want to consider something besides the solid lifter cam.

I would guess that like me, you wanted to run your engine on pump gas - I went with a full roller Howards cam with the JE pistons in my 327. They're supposed to be 10.25:1 with 64cc heads so in the same CR range as your pistons - my cam is 278/284 with 500/510 lift.
302s produce peak horsepower at higher RPMs than the 327, so you're best bet is to call a cam manufacturer and give them all the details about your engine and how you're going to operate it. They'll recommend what they think is the best grind based on what you want to do with the engine.

Run a solid lifter cam, nothing beats the sound of a solid lifter cam as it runs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts