Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably a stupid question but today I dug the boot that came with the car out of storage. It is ash gold (or Ivy gold). The car originally was ash gold with ivy gold interior (or visa versa) and a white top. Now it is bright blue, white top and white interior. Is it possible to dye the gold boot? If not, how good are the after market ones? I assume the one I have is OE. It looks really nice. I suspect it is better quality that after market like most OE stuff.

However I go about changing it, what color should I use?

68 Camaro Front view.jpg Left side and interior.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
I have never done what you are asking. There is vinyl paint that is available to change the color. SEM makes a marine vinyl type paint that would be good for outdoor use. I have no idea if it would work for your application.

Here is a link to the SEM marine vinyl paint.
Vinyl Coat™ | SEM Products

SEM also makes a Color Coat spray that I had good luck using. I know it is good for interior applications. I would be hesitant to use it on the convertible boot.

Your interior is white. I would paint the boot white. It is going to take a lot of cans of paint to cover the yellow.

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been researching it and I don't think I'll go the dye route. My interior is actually 68 Pearl Parchment. I see boots available in that color. So does anyone have a recommendation on what brand and where to get one?

Thanks for the reply.

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
I've been researching it and I don't think I'll go the dye route. My interior is actually 68 Pearl Parchment. I see boots available in that color. So does anyone have a recommendation on what brand and where to get one?

Thanks for the reply.
A new boot will cost a round $220.00. I just bought one from Legendary Interiors. It is nice. Mine is black vinyl with little foam inserts sewed in the interior to help keep the shape correct. It has white plastic clips that fasten to the stainless molding under the back window. I have read that the clips break very easily. They can be replaced. It came with a bag.

Sorry about calling out the wrong colors. I only learned about 8 colors in 1st grade. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts