Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, quick question... i have a block that was bought as a 4 bolt main direct replacement for a 93-95 truck (350) it has the passenger side dipstick,
i screwed up i didnt have a part # for a passanger side dipstick and tube so i used my drivers side tube and stick, now here comes the problem i guess my stick was too long it somehow became about 2-3" shorter and i lost oil press. luckily i noticed b4 any damage was done-(i hope) :confused: ... anyhow im gonna pull the pan off friday night and replace the oil pump, does anyone know what part # or what car i should order a dipstick and tube for?? i would get one for a truck like the motor is but...i think it would sit too high..any help is appreciated.

thanks guys
Chris

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
I would think most any righ dip passinger car stick and tube would be fine, just get on ethat matches your oil pan, which should be most anything unless you have sort of strange set up. I would check more than just the pump on friday night, pull a few rod and main caps and look for copper or streaks in the bearings. If the bearings have streaks looks of lifted material they have been wiped and straved for oil.

Joe

1 - 2 of 2 Posts