Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need some help -- can anyone identify this part (see picture)? I am in the middle of doing a drum to disc brake conversion - I have removed the upper and lower control arms, the master cylinder and the brake booster. I had to beat the snot out of the lower control arm bolts (using a punch and a sledge hammer). When cleaning up under the car, I found this part on the ground (drivers side). I am not sure if it is part of what I have removed, or something that came loose due the beating I gave the car (when removing the lower control arm bolts). I have not started reassembly yet, so I know it is not a new part. By the way, this piece had a lot of grease on it - I cleaned it up to figure out where it came from. Can anyone help me out??

Thanks

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
It's a ninja star. You just narrowly escaped with your life, buddy. Consider it a warning.

Did yours have castellated nuts with cotter pins in them? It looks almost like some sort of locking ring for a nut but there's nothing next to it for scale to see its real size.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Its the static noise suppressors on the spindles for the stock radio. There should be one for each side.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aahhh...Ninja Star...thank you, my teacher!
This piece is 1.5 inches in diameter.
Yes, my ball joint studs have the castle nuts w/ cotter pins - I looked around at the the old hubs, spindles, etc and cant find a match. I am wondering if it came off the master cylinder/booster unit? or maybe from anther area of the steering? I can't seem to located a duplicate of this anywhere. I am just hoping that I didn't knock it loose from another area (like the tranny or something) when I was hammering on the car...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its the static noise suppressors on the spindles for the stock radio. There should be one for each side.
Hogdaddy-
Is this something that needs to go back on when installing the disc brake setup? I have not looked to see if they are part of the kit I purchased.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Hogdaddy-
Is this something that needs to go back on when installing the disc brake setup? I have not looked to see if they are part of the kit I purchased.
If you are using the stock am radio I think it may help otherwise don't need it. I don't believe they are being re-produced at this time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts