Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my camaro it had already been in an accident. The passenger side fender was off and I bought another one from the junkyard and installed it. However, the bottom of the body where the fender has two holes and you can screw bolts into has no bracket with holes and is just all welded over or something. Is there anyway I can drill into that frame to keep the bottom of the fender on. The fender looks terribly out of alignment because the bottom of the fender is loose. If so what drill bits should I use?

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Can you post some pictures of what you have? It would be easier to offer help when we know what you have to work with. There is a threaded insert where the rear bolt goes it is not uncommon for it to be broken off. Do a search on the topic it has been discussed before. The front mounting bolt goes into a speed nut on a bracket that extends from the cowl (it's actually part of the rocker panel) if it is still there you will have to repair it if it is missing you will have to replace it. Drilling into the cowl is not a very good option the mount needs to be strong and there is nothing to drill into on the front mount. You won't regret taking the time to fix it properly. There are many on this site that will offer their expertise.

·
Super Moderator
32,894 Posts
By design, there should be an approx. 1 inch high seam at a right angle for bolting the bottom of the fender onto it.
Many times, the vehicle lift is not placed right and it gets folded over and the seam has nuts already into it.
You could use a right angle bracket from a hardware store and cut to length needed, bolt it to the bottom and use a bolts and nuts for securing the fender to the body/firewall.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey yall I saw where yall responded. Thank you so much. I ended up drilling holes into the frames and got the fender on perfectly. Thank you again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts