Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I just bought a 67' and was wondering if you guys think I could fit 19" rims front and back? The tire on them is 235/35/19? Any ideas sure would help. Thanks

·
Registered
633 Posts
I'm sure it's been done - take it to a shop and have them test fit. I don't think you'll get them in there with a 35mm profile to be honest. You may have to reshape the inner fender, etc etc.

Also, I hope you have a good flame suit, nothing over a 16 is very popular around here ;)

(I have 17's)

·
Registered
657 Posts
With the correct backspace wheel they SHOULD fit. People put 235/45-17s and 235/40-18s on 8" wide wheel with 4.75 - 5.0 backspace. So the 235/35-19 should work. All these tires are about the same hieght. If you do use them all the way around the rears may look a little lost since most people use between 255s and 275s. Keep in mind in order for the short sidewall tires to look good the car needs to be lowered.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
We sell quite a few wheels, and also install a lot on projects in our shop. Wheel dimension has nothing to do with weather a rim diameter will or will not fit. Rim width, back space, oveall tire height and section width are all that matter. For the front, as long as you keep the overall height around 26" or a little less, as long as you keep the section width a tick less then 10", as long as you keep the rim width less then 8" to 8 1/2", and keep back spacing around 4 3/4 (8" rim), or 5 1/4 (8 1/2" rim), the combination will work.

You 235/35/19s are 25.5 tall and 9.6 wide. So they are perfect.

On the rear you can handle a tinnie bit more rime (adding more back space in equal amounts to rim width), For example if you run a 9" wheel, look for a 5 3/4" backspace. And you could up the section width a half inch or so.

This is very general, but pretty safe to.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We sell quite a few wheels, and also install a lot on projects in our shop. Wheel dimension has nothing to do with weather a rim diameter will or will not fit. Rim width, back space, oveall tire height and section width are all that matter. For the front, as long as you keep the overall height around 26" or a little less, as long as you keep the section width a tick less then 10", as long as you keep the rim width less then 8" to 8 1/2", and keep back spacing around 4 3/4 (8" rim), or 5 1/4 (8 1/2" rim), the combination will work.

You 235/35/19s are 25.5 tall and 9.6 wide. So they are perfect.

On the rear you can handle a tinnie bit more rime (adding more back space in equal amounts to rim width), For example if you run a 9" wheel, look for a 5 3/4" backspace. And you could up the section width a half inch or so.

This is very general, but pretty safe to.
Hey thanks alot. This is very helpful with my decision making process. :beers:

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
Sorry Frank,

But that's all dimensions you mentioned to me!!

But am glad you stepped up to help!!

Thanks,

pdq67

PS., and fwiw, I still love my old bias ply E and L-60/14's on my Fenton Slotted mags, but they sure the heck aren't modern tires by NO stretch.

Big sidewall donuts just seem to fill up my wheel wells great to me is all..

·
Registered
130 Posts
We have 19x8 fronts and 20x8.5's on a stock 68 with lowered Hotchkis suspension that we are working on for a customer right now. The fronts fit great with a 235/35/19 and the rears are 275/30/20's. Looks awesome.
Like said previously, it is not so much a question of diameter, but overall diameter and width along with the correct back space.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts