Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These shims are causing my upper A arm to interfere with my headers. Seems like if I remove them it will give me more camber? Help please....I dont want to use the grinder. I have correct frame/engine/tranny crossmember. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
If u had a big pile of them.. I would suggest getting a re alignment from scratch.....but u dont and with what is there , which is normal.. it looks like the alignment has been done from scratch
So No u cant remove them without effecting the3 alignment caster and camber seriously.
Check the engine mounts and the perches... but changing those u will then run into issues with alignment of fan in the shroud
If those are ok and what ?I think is the case, is u have the wrong headers.

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
If you remove them you will lose camber, the top of the tire will start to lean out from the car. What headers? Never seen a header hit the control arm before. The bolt maybe, but not the arm.

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
I'm thinking you're meaning the A-arm bolt. I had the same problem on a BB 67 so I trimmed off a few threads of the bolt and it clears by 1/8" now. Just don't cut too much off so that there's no room for adjustment later on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts