Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like i fried my in dash reproduction tachometer, while searching for a charging problem i full fielded my alternator and got the voltage up to 16 volts.

can a tach be repaired, or should i throw it out and buy a new one ( expensive repro @ $225.00)

thanks

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
Did you already check the wires and circuit board? Maybe even install a temporary jumper wire from coil to tach just to make sure... Isn't there an instrument fuse, as well??? Just spit ballin' here...

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you already check the wires and circuit board? Maybe even install a temporary jumper wire from coil to tach just to make sure... Isn't there an instrument fuse, as well??? Just spit ballin' here...
yes checked tach input and i am getting 12 volts, i need to check my MSD to make sure tach output is functionnal

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
Just checking... You measured the tach input by probing the stud and nut above the tach, right? I've never measure it w/ a meter. Didn't know you sees 12V. But I suppose it is some kind of pulsing signal and could be "caught" at the 12V level? Thinking out loud again... lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts