Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
me a BIG favor!!! I wanted to know the OVER ALL width of the tire with the bulge on a 9.5 wide rim . First can take a flat piece of wood or level and measure the distance of the bulge to the rim.( ex. 1/2" ) Then can you measure the overall width putting a level on both sides of the tire and giving me the total width with the bulge. (ex.12")

THANK YOU................

Here's a sad picture if you don't know what I mean.......

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
The section width will not be affected by the backspacing, and very little with rim width. A 275/40/17 BFG tire has a section width of 10.9", a Kumho has a section width of 11". If you're down to measuring the last 0.050" in your wheelwells you're probably using a tire that's too large.

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was wondering because I have 6-6 1/4 inches from the mounting surface on the drum to the inside well and 5 inches to the inside lip of the outer well. So a 5.5 backspace gives me 1/2 to 3/4" to the inside well and around 4.75-5" to the outer lip. I was just wondering how much bulge the tire has. My 235/60 on a 7 inch rim has 3/4" bulge. I wasn't sure what this combo had. If it was 1/4 that would work.

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got it. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.