Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I was one of the people that have been complaining about the cost of 69 camaros but my search is over and I got a good deal...

1969 Base Coupe V8 Camaro X11 w/SS badging and Z28 stripe...

White w/black stripes and black vinyl top...

Car is completely solid all the way through which is what I have been looking for...

Interior is beautiful along with paint and the car drives awesome...

Oh yeah, did I mention the 6-71 Dyer's Blower sitting on top of a strong 350..

Car has a chevelle 12 bolt with posi. and 4.10 gears..

And did I mention the car had original wheels and derby caps mounted on the car when I bought it... (I need to confirm the date codes to be sure but they are original wheels and derby caps for a camaro)..

So if someone could allow me to send them an email with my picture and would post it for me I would really appreciate it...

[ 03-31-2004, 10:46 AM: Message edited by: 68/69SS ]

·
Registered
1,114 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks bob for the help... Man I love that car... Looks bad to the bone and drives better than a new car... I love it.... Thanks again bob and rolling-robert...

:D

·
Retired
26,947 Posts
I've got a 19" monitor with the resolution set to 1152x864 can imaging someone on a 17" with 640x480 res, horizontal scrolling must be like crossing the english channel... :D Great ride by the way!!

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
I was just thinking - man I need a bigger monitor...

Nice car 'SS'

·
Registered
216 Posts
thanks dennis........and they say size does not matter :eek:

bob

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
More Details:

Original Frost green (59) w/dark green vinly top (SPNT) and dark green interior (723).... Still has the original interior redyed black...

Original column shift car w/the original column still in the car but has been converted to floor console

Center dash clock

Power steering, Power brakes,

X11 trim package

350 small block with comp cam blower cam w/anti pump up lifters and a set of 8.5 to 1 forged blower pistons...

Dyer's 6-71 Blower running at 15.8% underdrive or about 7psi. boost w/twin 650 single line holleys and a three blade bug catcher on top

Mallery distributor, coil, Mallory comp 140 electric fuel pump

Body has had both quarters replace and the car was completely redone 9 years ago.... Original floor pans, trunk pan, rockers, fenders, etc...

Best driving camaro I have ever owned...

12 bolt rearend w/posi. and 4.10 gears...

1 5/8" headers with 2" flowmaster exhaust.. I think the size of the exhaust is very restrictive..

Stock heads on the motor :(

Car seems like it will probably run in the high 12 to low 13 second range with some good tires or slicks....

Stereo cassette w/Kenwood speakers that sound great

Rear Antenna...

Everything is tight and solid and the car is in exceptional condition.... I am very satisfied with the car...

Not sure what the original motor was other than it was a V8 from the VIN# of 12437....

Anyway to find out?

I may pull the gas tank to see if the build sheet is still there... Could it be located anywhere else?

Let me know if anyone has any questions...

·
Registered
10,475 Posts
Might want to step up to 1 3/4" headers and 3" exhaust. Blown engines need larger exhuast than naturally aspirated engines. Should be able to make some pretty good power. Depending on the compression ratio and head gaskets you should be able to run more boost as well (if you step up on the exhaust). If you don't mind keep me posted on what you do and how it runs. Should be lots of fun.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Will do camaroman7d....

I have 3" exhaust and 1 3/4" super comp. headers on my 68 camaro so I may try and switch those over to the 69.... I figure with a good set of heads and some more boost that she should really wake up... And according to Gary Dyer from Dyer's blower, I am running two heat range low on my motor right now so new plugs are in the future also along with my MSD6AL box off my 68 camaro... Looks like you are running a blower car also right? Beautiful car my friend...

I will keep you posted... Thinking about bolting the slicks on her and running her like she is and then making the changes I want to do after a baseline....

Man, I need me one of those T-shirts also for my car... Anybody know where I can get one?????

Thanks everyone for the comments...

·
Gold Lifetime Member
3,362 Posts
Nice ride.
What track to you go to? I'd like to see what she does.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Will probably go to Warshoals for some shakedown passes but we run at ShadySide and Carolina Dragway alot... Don't hardly ever run at Greer though.... Warshoals is the closest to home for me so that will be where I go...

·
Registered
10,475 Posts
Thanks for the compliment. This was my first time building a blown engine, I did a LOT of research and had been planning on it for years. I still have things to learn. It cam out nice and makes a lot of power. I haven't made a pass yet, I only have about 250 miles on it now. My car is only legal to the 11's and from the feel of it I predict easy 10's.

If your car runs fine the way it is, I would make a few passes before changing anything. Sounds like you have things under control.

What kind of heads are on it now?

If you step up to a set of larger runner heads be warned the "stock" blower manifolds I have seen have very small ports. I had to get a large port intake to work with my heads (215cc Dart Pro 1's). When I set the small port manifold on I could see the top of the runners in my head about 1/4". If you look at the link in my signature and go to the "new engine" album you will see details on this issue. Might not be a concern to you just thought I would give you a heads up as nobody mentioned this to me.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the heads up Camaroman...

I think I have stock 041 heads on the motor now and was planning on running A set of porter/polished Dart Motown 220 heads that I have... Very good information to know considering I am new to the blower game myself... Any tips on the kind of head gasket I should run? Did you o-ring your block? I'm figuring somewhere in the 12s or low 13s with full street trim the way she sits.... Might need slicks for the numbers but just can't be sure until we get it to the track... My futures are more boost and better heads and I may even run the 383 stroker motor out of my 68 camaro but just want to enjoy the car for the summer right now... Let me know of any other issues I should be aware of for I need all the advice I can get...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts