Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Goes right below the booster and really close to the rag joint. Looks like crap in the car. It bolted to the inner fender.

Dave

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe that is what it is but mine almost looks like a mop head or lots of string on top. Feels a like tar on it also.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice. Was it supposed to be all gummed up like this or has it come apart along the way. Seems as if I could maybe mold it back and seal it back down.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I believe my 70 z28 had that item, could have been mounted on the rear of the m21 casing bolts but then again could have been on a th400 behind a 427 in my friends 72 Camaro - whatever it was in bad shape and discarded at the time. Curious item and probably a connoisseurs delectable. See if you can find a # on it and page your friendly GM Dealer.

·
Registered
5,772 Posts
fireeater:

Looks to be the splash shield that is mentioned in the thread that Kevin posted in post #2.

Here are a couple of more pics:

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
ramair , you beat me to the punch. i just emailed fireeater similar pics. the part looks much different off of the car than the picture you posted with it on the car.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, unfortunately the other clip i missing since more than half of the rubber is missing too. Guess I will just throw it away since I can't use it.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Throw it in my trash can!!!

The rubber is part of the splash shield kit. I made a clip from pics. Fab one up from paper or thin cardboard until you get it right, and then unfold it and lay it out on a piece of sheetmetal. Really not that difficult.

But if you decide not to use it, I'll gladly pay the postage to my trash can.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts