Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Originally posted by RS3SDL2MG:
I just wonder if a man could epoxy this thing and re paint the woodgrain to get a good driver quality look out of it ??
Maybe superman, j/k :D Nothing is impossible, but the match between materials will show anyway. My father in law builds kitchen cabinets for living and he uses a wood grain putty to fill large cracks and/or wood defects, but I don't know if that paste resist the abuse a steering wheel gets. IMHO I'd get a nice repro instead of paying that $ for a cracked unit. If someone have a technique, to fix something like that to the point that one doesn't notice the reapir, I like to hear it. :rolleyes: Saw one of those the other day locally, and it was in a ± similar condition, I let it pass, affraid of the repair.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I dont know the answer to the question (so why am I posting you might ask?) but I read a thread here recently, in the last few days, maybe a week ago where someone said that there is a place (they named it) that can fix those old wood wheels and repaint the wood grain texture. They claimed it looked 100% like wood, and original. Think they said it was some serious cash, around $200, but Im not sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts