Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 67 and want to clean the look of the car up. Can you remove the wings and put in a 68 window? Is it possible? would it be cheaper to digup some 68 doors? Anyone have some 68 complete doors to trade for some complete 67's?

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I don’t think the window regulators bolt up in the same place. Power regulators definitely won’t interchange. With enough time and money any thing can be done but I think it would be a shame to change one of the most distinguishing and my personal favorite difference of the 67.

------------------
Geezer

·
Registered
257 Posts
how easy would it be to change the door completely? I have never looked at the dimensions but I can't see how they would differ that much. I think changing the internal hardware would be really tough, and I agree, the 67 is awesome, vent windows and all.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info..that is what I figured. I agree with the whole nostalgia with the wings however, the car is not original and was a bracket racer. I am trying to convert it to a street/strip car. I purchased the car like that with the intentions of customizing it not going for the original cuz the car is already hacked in areas...

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have seen 68 doors on a 67 twice before, but am not sure how the owners did it. I know the upper and lower brackets are different between 67 and 68 (they were cast in 67 and formed in 68, I think ???)

Just make sure the bolts go in the same place!

·
10,164 Posts
FYI,
I think the older 67 type is much better at sealing around the window due to the added support of the vent window.

The later style will take more work to keep sealed properly.

I had a 70 Camaro that was a pain to keep from leaking and whistling.
David

------------------
Check my web page for First Gen Camaro suspension info:
David's Motorsports page
First Gen Suspension Page
67 RS 327
69 Camaro Vintage Racer
65 Lola T-70 Can Am Vintage Racer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts