Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first off: this is not an ad at all to gauge interest, or get publicity for an item.

i have an original 68 console in good shape (all intact and no major chips/cracks) and am looking to sell it because it is just layin in my garage, and i need money for a new engine build.

i have no idea what these things are worth, so i was wondering if soemone could give me just a ball park i dont care how big of a spread there is.

its got no wood grain on it, or no gauge cluster, just your basic ole console. not sure if its for an auto or stick (are they different? ill check when i go home this weekend and get pics)

thanks
rick

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
'Not sure if it's an auto or stick'? this is something you may want to pin down before you list - as buyer will want to know, if the shift plates come with it.
Try a search on here in the parts section and on Ebay - you will see that the prices run the gambit depending on condition and parts from $20.oo to $500.oo+
You will need to establish condition and parts furnished and go from there.
Hope this helps

ps - I paid $75.oo for a complete (but no mounting brackets) auto (powerglide) unit last summer in decent shape.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
like i said in my first post, i dont have many details or any pics yet becuase i am up at college. im goin home tomorrow to take pics and bring it back up here.

i was just looking to see rough ball park, thanks to those with the info

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Remember that the 68 and 69 consoles are the same. Difference is in the shifter tunnel. 69 had a plastic "shroud" that filled the area between the floor and the underside of the console. 68 had a plastic slide plate that attached to the underside of the console. I think the shifter cover plate was the same, except for the walnut vs rosewood.

All of these parts are replacable. But as said by someone else, the year and auto vs manual are important to potenital buyers.

Condition is extremely important. An "excellent" or "flawless" will bring twice what a "good" will bring.

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Sorry Stop4, I don't have a console on my car, to take pics of.
If you are doing a restoration and have not collected all the catalogs from the resto houses, you should. Not only are they great sources for parts, but great references, as well. If you have any, look at the console parts. That will tell you alot about the differences.

The wood grain for 68 is more brown, and 69 is more reddish.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts