Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if It is possible for an individual to stich up the seat belt that connects to the buckle. I cant see why you couldnt even though it looks to be a pain. Has anyone done this? If so do you have any tips, what type of thread to use etc?

·
3,176 Posts
To each their own this is something that lies on safety of you the driver or your passenger. I would think you could restitch one but if you did i would take it to something like a parachute shop (skydivers would be albe to help out where a good one is) that would be able to do it right the first time . Remember there might not be a second.

------------------
Jeff 67/68(2) & 69 RS's
65 442 http://hobbystage.net/camaro/hawaiiancamaro/index.html http://www.hawaiianislandcamaros.org

[This message has been edited by HawaiianCamaro (edited 10-02-2002).]

·
Premium Member
5,325 Posts
If it is the fold over part you can do it, but I would not advise any of the parts that attach to the car or the male clip. Look for a heavy needle kit and some heavyduty thread, fold over and lock into a vice, then use the heavy needle and begin, you might need a pair of pliers to "help" with the pushing and pulling. I did this and you cannot tell the difference from the factory piece. Remember, only on the fold over at the end of the buckle part of the belt, otherwise, like Jeff said, your taking a chance with your, (or someone elses) life...Good Luck Mike

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it is the fold over part for the shoulder belt only. The waist belt doesnt need to be sewn. Only the part where the sholder belt attaches to the buckle. I am really trying to get away with not removing the sholder belt from the roof. I figure that is going to be a real pain. Maybe not.

·
11,296 Posts
Yes you can. I visited a Corvette seat belt restorer and he restitched them all. He had a lady with a commercial machine do it. Also I have heard that shoe repair shops can sew them too. I have old (1920s) Singer sewing machines that I was successful in getting seat belts sewn on. The newer plastic machines can't cut it. Use a heavy black thread (match up the old thread) Kevin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts