Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
Is this some sort of test Kevin?? Man, I hope not. I didn't study at all!!

However (my opinion only), is that the driver seat is original and the passenger seat has a repop seat cover on it, and possibly repop foam.

Of course, like I said, I didn't study at all so I may have just pooped the test!

Ed

·
Retired
26,692 Posts
They both look older with lots of vinyl protection spray along with age making them look shiny. The headrests (can't see real clearly) lead me to believe both are original. If they are repro they are older...

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Ed and Dennis....Both are great replies.

I will wait a few days to uncover the truth :)

Kev

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
The only reason I said that the passenger side seat looks to be repop is because of the "poofyness" of the seat bottom. The driver side appears to be more "factory".

Ed

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The only reason I said that the passenger side seat looks to be repop is because of the "poofyness" of the seat bottom. The driver side appears to be more "factory".

Ed
Good observation Ed but ......
So the puffy or poofyness makes it look different? I like your answer. So factory seats with one having a more puffy look.

Kev

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
First off.....I was not trying to trick anyone here with their opinion and thank your guys for your honest thoughts. This was an experiment showing my 68 original deluxe seats of which I have been looking for a OEM seat bottom for many years. The original drivers seat bottom was spit/ripped by an overweight guy at a car show who I caught sitting in my car at a car show. He got out and gave me a dumb look like "WHAT" and I was furious but kept my cool.

During the time trying to find a OEM new or good used drivers seat bottom, I purchased a few seat covers from various manufacturers who state things like High Quality and Original Equipment Style and/or Direct Replacement of original seating. Funny or sad thing is that Ray Charles could tell the difference between the OEM and what these companies professed as what I typed above....simply like the originals. I would be ashamed to say something like that if I were these manufacturers.

During the years I kept one set I bought off Ebay where again they were poor quality, but a complete set for cheap. I was told car was stolen and so he did not need the interior kit anymore. After the season ended last year, I removed the seat, and purchased a "Just Like OEM " seat set again pictured on their website because it looked great and I was assured by the sales staff it was by far the best on the market and matched an original interior.It was garbage and I shipped it back the next day. So ..I decided to put the Ebay bottom on my drivers seat and try to get my torn original bottom fixed. No luck of getting it fixed.

I tried getting to the bottom of this and sent emails to Legendary Interiors of which I never got a return reply (even to this day) so I called them as asked for a sample of the seat material and pleating. He said they were too busy to return my emails and would send a sample to me. ...about 8 weeks ago, way before the pandemic. Never sent me anything. I sent a email to Legendary Motorcars asking them who they feel who makes the best interiors. They told me its Legendary Interiors. I ordered a set of front deluxe covers (will not sell one seat or just the bottom) The end result is in the pictures I posted.

I played a trick and reversed the images to get an honest view of what the thoughts were and was happy with the replies. Figuring it would be telltale if the drivers seat bottom was replaced. Trying to match something newly made to a 50 plus year interior is hard to do, but I think that " Made In The U.S.A " Legendary Interiors has done just that.Thanks guys on your opinions. Ed, could not fool you but you had positive opinion that made me fell the seat cover replacement will fool most lookers :) BTW.. I did fool you on the reversed images.:)

Dennis...thanks as your opinion was also valued as with Ed's years of experience of the Camaro. I did fool you but its your honest opinion and pictures are deceiving. As state above only the drivers seat bottom (passenger side in photos reversed ) has been changed. All other seat covers and headrests are original. Glad it was hard to tell the originals from the aftermarket covers. John...heck, your posts on how nice my original deluxe interior told me that I made the right choice in keeping the interior even with the replaced seat bottom. Pics below of correct seat positions.

Kev

Attachments

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
Ah! Tricky Mr Moto!!

And yesterday afternoon, I got to thinking about the "poffyness" of these seats when they were new, and decided to start looking at all the brochures, sales albums, etc... and found that when they were fresh off the showroom floor, they were more "poofy" than I remembered (see attached)!

So what you have there, re: the driver's seat, appears to be correct.

Ed

Attachments

·
Retired
26,692 Posts
Dennis...thanks as your opinion was also valued as with Ed's years of experience of the Camaro. I did fool you but its your honest opinion and pictures are deceiving. As state above only the drivers seat bottom (passenger side in photos reversed ) has been changed. All other seat covers and headrests are original. Glad it was hard to tell the originals from the aftermarket covers. John...heck, your posts on how nice my original deluxe interior told me that I made the right choice in keeping the interior even with the replaced seat bottom. Pics below of correct seat positions.

Kev
But I said they look orig or if repro they are older ones... lol...>:)

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ah! Tricky Mr Moto!!

And yesterday afternoon, I got to thinking about the "poffyness" of these seats when they were new, and decided to start looking at all the brochures, sales albums, etc... and found that when they were fresh off the showroom floor, they were more "poofy" than I remembered (see attached)!

So what you have there, re: the driver's seat, appears to be correct.

Ed
Thanks Ed for you doing research on this. Even with some flaws, Legendary Deluxe Seat covers are close to OEM out there. I feel good having that seat bottom next to my original interior. I did notice the red interior had crank windows and no headrests however looked real sharp.

Kev

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm on my second set of Legendary '67 deluxe covers and foams and there are still problems. They replaced the first set of covers at no cost due to manufacturing defects. Installation labor is wasted.
Scott, I know what you are going through on this reading your post. Quality and standing by your brand for customers seem to be a thing of the past. Heck, I was charged a return fee of $42.00 and not refunded shipping fees on the poor quality Distinctive Interior Deluxe covers. I put on the PUI cover and it was garbage but it let me take my original cover around to try and get repaired. I did not expect finding a cover that looked close to original but I did with Legendary. I hope that you get your issues resolved with the 67 seats. Nice to see that Legendary is standing by their name in trying to resolve this for you. Pics below is a Distinctive and a PUI cover....no quality at all.

Kev

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts