Team Camaro Tech banner

Canadian Positraction Sticker

889 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  michaelj 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

I've been a member of Team Chevelle since 1998 and I own a Canadian built 1970 Chevelle SS396. I'm here to ask for research help.

My car has positraction and therefore it has the remnants of the the Canadian only yellow posi warning sticker/decal on the trunk lid. There was only ONE reproduction of this sticker that I could find offered and its quality was horrendous. I'm a graphic designer by trade so some things REALLY irked me. Wrong font. Wrong color. Wrong letter spacing, word spacing, and line spacing. But the biggest offender is that printing quality of the type looks blotchy and bleeding.

With the help of a fellow Team Chevelle member, who offered a scan of a battered but legible copy, I was able to use my skills as a graphic designer and recreate the sticker as close to original as possible. (please see photos for a taste and comparison to the only other reproduction available.) Everything down to letterspacing, linespacing and even typos is faithfully recreated with an original example as a guide.

I'm trying to find out if this one sticker was used for cars built in Oshawa and get a sense of time frame for them. My question to you guys is did Oshawa built Camaros share this item? If so for which years? I suspect 1st gen absolutely, but how far into 2nd gen if applicable? I've been told that Chevelles as early as 1967 use this sticker as well as Ont. built Corvairs from 1965-66. My guess is that other cars also share this item, so I would like to let as many groups who could use my work know about it.

Also, if you're interested in one you can ping me at the email provided to my account here or see my ad on Team Chevelle:

http://www.chevelles.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=113865&cat=7

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.