Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading a few posts on flasher problems I tried to resolve an ongoing isue of my own.
69 CAMARO COUPE
All the flashers work but the drivers side front in the valance.
Turn signal does not come on either however the running light works with headlights on.
First thought simple bulb isue so I traded the left for the right and it works on the other side so the bulb is good.
Turning the flashers on and putting a volt meter to the terminal inside the bulb socket I get a reading of in the socket.
Question...does the socket unplug from the rear of the plate that holds it to the valance and could it be in the holder upside down or something.
When putting the bulb in it goes in easy and twists in to place smoothly.
Tried to trace the pigtail from the socket but it disapears under the wiper bottle plate.
Got me scratching my head!!!
All three of the lights work so the flashers are good.
could it be a contact problem?
Thans for any help!
CONFOOSED!

·
Premium Member
6,628 Posts
Hey Stan,
I know what it is, its the wires coming off light housing at the valance. If you follow it the will plug in to a connector on the inner fender well. They sometimes get unplugged or bad connection at the connector.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Skeeter,
I tried looking for a conector but the washer bottle was in the way and it got dark on me.
Will look for it tomorrow with some daylight thanks.
Ialso run a skeeter...zx24 bay yammyf250
Stan

·
Premium Member
6,628 Posts
Thanks Skeeter,
I tried looking for a conector but the washer bottle was in the way and it got dark on me.
Will look for it tomorrow with some daylight thanks.
Ialso run a skeeter...zx24 bay yammyf250
Stan
Also try to wiggle the wires in rear of the socket when the flashers are on to make sure its not a bad socket, before you check the connectors.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Skip,
first thing this morning pulled the washer bottle out the way and disconnected the pigtail after checking it with a volt meter and cleaned the knife conectors with corroision x and all is well again.
Thanks for the tip
Stan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts