Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Is penetrating oil (P B Blaster) OK instead of WD-40? That is a 1/2 inch breaker. Smack the end of the nut?

I wanted to make sure they aren't left hand tightening nuts (backwards). I wouldn't think so.
All American cars I have seen loosen CCW and Tighten CW. What you need is a big half inch thick Heavy Duty breaker bar and a hunk of Persuader pipe to extend the leverage they will come off or break off . If you heat it you will ruin the wheel paint etc etc . WD-40 is useless there and if they are that tight PB Blaster will be of no help. Hope this helps .When you bolt it back up put some white lithium grease on the threads of the lug nuts with an acid brush. Alex

·
Registered
990 Posts
Very carefully
In response to Dano I made a mistake you don't grease the lug nuts its the wheel studs that you grease ever so lightly with an acid brush and white lithium grease the best one is CRC or genuine Delco its yellowish in color. I have been greasing them for fifty years no problem. you have to tighten them all by hand till snug no wobble and then the air gun in a star patern then zap them twice they wont loosen but you need a good gun with torque. Thanks for the correction . Alex

1 - 2 of 2 Posts