Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just can't seem to get me right side turn signals to work. It worked for 2 years then after I got the car out of winter storage today, it just won't work. Plus my GEN light is on now. I have a fairly new Optima battery that reads 12.45 volts at the battery without the car running. I have a whole new front wiring harness and engine harness last year and it worked fine then. I checked the back bulb and its fine, I haven't checked the front bulb yet. The fuse in the fuse block is fine and tried 2 different fuses for the big round fuse under the dash with the spade prongs on it. I am not sure where else to check. i am not sure what grounds to check. Any help would be great!!!!

Thanks, Erik

·
Registered
601 Posts
well if you just got at out of storage maybe a mouse got into the wires and ate them. for the alt light on got to check running got to be over 13 but not over 14.5 as for turn signal you can check with a light hook to power and ground and should blink. but does the light inside even come on and dont blink or not.

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
need more details, Erik.

On the gen light, what is the battery voltage when it's running?
you could try removing ans reinstalling both the regulator and the small 2 wire atlernator connector, that might fix it.

On the turn signal, do any of the bulbs light up but not blink?
or nothing at all?
Do both brake lights work normally?
All 4 running lights?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I got the turn signal to work, the bottom of the buld had one of the solder bumps broken off. But know my right turn signal in the dash doesn't work even know all the lights on the car work. Could I just have a blown bulb in the dash?

As far as the gen light goes. i have 12.5 volts at the battery with the car not running. i haven't checked while running. i will today i hope.

Thanks, Erik

1 - 4 of 4 Posts