Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As my 67 moves closer to a drivable state I have started thinking about car care products. When I go to shows I see all sorts of stuff being used to make them look nice.

Would appreciate any recommendations you have for what works.

Mark M.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I see most show car people using Maguires, and I have had good results too. I like Mothers alluminum polish for wheels and such.

·
Retired
26,640 Posts
I've got to cast my vote for Maguires also... I use the "Clear Coat Cleaner" every 3months or so, followed by their Spray Carnuba Wax and then the quick detail. Depending on the outing I vary either a dusting and then Quick Detail or the Spray Carnuba and follow it with Quick Detail...

Zaino gets rave reviews from the younger set on the 4th gen sites...

Wax on!! Wax off!!

------------------
...Dennis
'69 RS Convertible w/SS trim
'96 Z28SS #1679 of 2410
"The Club"

·
Registered
14 Posts
Maguires for me too. I use Maguires scratch-X in the spring and late fall to remove any fine scratches, then use their cleaner wax and gold wax products. I use mothers for polishing chrome. By the way, I am a fairly new poster. Sorry I did not introduce myself.

------------------
1969 red Z/28-clone
1971 red Nova SS-real

·
Retired
26,640 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BBS:
Nothing beats "ZAINO" trust me.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

With BS in your screen name you say "trust me"
Are you saying "nothing" would be better than Zaino...
Just having a little fun, Zanio gets praise from lots of folks. That says a lot... I wish they would put it on store shelves, I would give it a try then.

------------------
...Dennis
'69 RS Convertible w/SS trim
'96 Z28SS #1679 of 2410
"The Club"

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Checked Zainos web-site. Do they only sell direct?

Mark M.

·
Premium Member
7,728 Posts
Yes - Zaino sells direct or through individual distributors - not in retail stores. It's pretty much the "official" wax of the Viper Club of America. It's a multi-step process and takes some time and effort, but the results are unmatched in terms of gloss and depth of image. It also resists static, so your car doesn't collect as much dust.

I'm sold on Meguiar's "Gold Class" for my own cars - great appearance, and it lasts. I use Griot's Garage "Fast-Shine" for quick detailing.

------------------
JohnZ
'69 Z28 Fathom Green

1 - 13 of 13 Posts