Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4516106511&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Check out the link above..this guy has been collecting cars for over 30 years....I would pay money just to walk around the place (when summer comes) . Maybe we can all put our money together and buy the place and have a car commune...he claims to have a million dollars worth of parts so sell your old un needed parts because if we take every Camaro part and put "COPO" before it we could have this place paid for in a week while flooding the market and driving prices down, a win win for everyone

Of course I am only joking but it is a pretty interesting read..would love to know what exactly is there.

·
Premium Member
2,006 Posts
He has been trying to sell that place for years. Nobody wants to step up to the plate and have the EPA give them a 5 million dollar bill to clean up the place after the cars are all gone. Look at where that yard is - Vermont. EPA heaven!

Eveyone else who has seen the ad before should look again. He has much better pics this time.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
i'm stunned...

taking 2 weeks off, just to browse around...hmmmm

·
Premium Member
2,006 Posts
I agree with Mark. His pics show mostly crap with a sprinkling of investment grade parts. Also he states that the yard photo was taken years ago so that you get an incorrect image of what you are getting in the deal. All his car pictures are taken from the same area so I wonder if that means he does not have many cars left. The least he could do is list the cars you are getting.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I like the shots of the dogs, just in case somebody thought about an unannounced visit I suppose...

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ironically I learned of this deal when a prospective client came in to our offices and wanted to raise the money to buy this property. He already had a chunk but we killed the deal immediately for the exact same reason Hylton mentions....not sure what triggers it in Vermont but at some point and time a knock is going to come on the door..and if it is like here in California....ouch! And all those cars sitting..some for over 30 years! They do the work here and then hand you the bill...wouldn't want to see the one on this property.
I told the client he should tell the guy to keep it and charge admission to walk the place and check it out..I'd pay a few bucks, it's kind of fascinating!

·
Registered
251 Posts
bidding seems a little light. Especially with all those drive shafts and exhaust manifolds.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Just too many unknowns to fool with. If Bruce doesnt know what he has, then how is someone else suppose to know what they buy. In order to start a family business and sell anything you would have to go in and get some kind of tally of what you have in order to sell it. That would take months or years.

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
EPA remediation, too much risk for the property. I wonder what the shipping charges would be to Arizona. Then in the future I could ebay the lot and state that my wife left in 04 because of the car stuff. Yup, that would put her over the edge.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
I would think whoever owned that property would have some sort of mental illness that made him hoard all that stuff. I betcha if you ever wanted to buy a part from him, he'd "No way! I might need it or it will be worth money someday!"

·
Premium Member
2,006 Posts
I think what will end up happening is that the old guy will die and the vultures will move in and take the good things before the estate is settled. The EPA will then fight with whoever was left the property.

Here's one case where I do not want to be in someone's will!

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
I guess I don't understand why that guy just doesn't start selling the cars and parts. That guy could make a boat load of cash with all those parts. Looks like he has many complete cars as well. I hate to see any decent car just sit in a field and rust away.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Some of those pics are so old it's hard to say what is still around. Alot of junk to weed thru for sure!

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
refrigerator full of carbs! My kind of place!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts