Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished getting my car painted, looking for a decent car cover. Anyone have any tips on one that will protect paint and not cost an arm and leg?
Thanks

------------------

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mike, I just purchased a cover for a '69 from D & R in Illinois. I believe it has four layers (Technalon type) that's breathable. (Catalog is at home) It comes with a carrying bag and even has a zipper over the driver's door for interior access while the cover is on. Price was $99. I've paid $159 for a similar cover for another car. Their # is 1 800 472-6952.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm no expert on car covers,But having a black car ,I like to keep it covered when I'm not driving it.I just bought a cotton type materal one at my local "BIG WHEEL ROSSI" and I'm very happy with it.It's soft enough where it won't scratch the paint,and has elastic around the entire edge to hold it down under the bumpers.It cost me around $25.I did'nt see the need for anything exotic or expensive.Besides,the more expensive something is the higher the chance my kids will use it for a tent in the backyard.

------------------
67 RS RAGTOP # matching, 4X4 CHEVY TRUCK

·
Registered
522 Posts
No way, your kids would not use your car cover as a tent. RIGHT! CSK just bought Big Wheel Rossi, The same products are available through Checker, Schucks, Kragen, and Trak Auto. We are growing quickly.
In regards to a quality car cover you do get what you pay for. You can even get a bag to put your car in, just drive on to it then zip it up!!! I have faith that a wide majority of the car covers out there will not scratch your paint. Remember that with a new paint job you are going to want a car cover that will let air through to let the paint "breath". The Technalon lined covers are excellent and even with 3 or 4 layers it is a very breathable fabric.

------------------
Tim
67 ss/rs, MODIFIED
http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/speedway/6792
IM - sixtsevnss

·
Registered
475 Posts
Like mentioned above get a high quality cover. Did you say you just had it painted? If so unless it will be stored in a place lots of birds are I would keep it uncovered this season to let the paint "breath", I know the paint seems totaly dry but it does still release solvents.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply's. I noticed that my garage does smell of new paint fumes. I will take the advice of letting it sit uncovered for awhile, and am looking for the breathable cover.

------------------

1 - 6 of 6 Posts