Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined yesterday and know that the forum can be a great source for support. I was a member of a Pontiac forum when I restored a '69 Trans Am, but sold it a few years ago (big mistake). It was like a museum piece, so I didn't drive it much and figured I should invest the money in something else (boy was I wrong). I also have a '96 Viper and a '70 Bronco. I hope I don't offend any die hard Chevy guys, but I like all cars. I've seen a lot of big car collections including the former Otis Chandler's and Jay Leno's and have to say that variety is the spice of life for me. I have always loved Camaros, though, and they will always be at the top of my list of most liked cars. I grew up in northern Ohio, where muscle cars ruled when I was in high school (class of '81), but I have lived in Los Angeles for 20 years (where all cars rule). I finally bought a NOM '69 Camaro which I plan on doing a pro touring treatment to. I can appreciate factory correct, but I like to drive my cars and by customizing, I feel free to do what I want. I own a product development/design firm and want to make this car a company project. Thanks in advance for all your support. There's nothing like the car guy nation! :beers:

-Matt

·
Registered
174 Posts
Welcome, ( boy, your old) jk lol you wouldnt be a car guy if you dont like all cars

Goodluck on the 69

Dennis

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Welcome Matt, sorry to hear you sold your 69 Trans Am. At least it wasn't a vert 1 of 8 made :)

:waving:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dave,

Yeah, I would have been real stupid to give up a Trans Am convertible. Who knew that muscle cars would be worth as much as they are today. I guess there's no price on reliving one's youth. The really ironic thing is that the once 3rd place Mopars are now leading the race in values. It's just too bad for younger guys who really love these old cars trying to get into the hobby and all they can afford is a Pacer (not that there's anything wrong with that).

·
Registered
694 Posts
Welcome Matt, sorry to hear you sold your 69 Trans Am. At least it wasn't a vert 1 of 8 made :)

:waving:
Welcome to the Forum. These guys and gals are great. everyone has helped me so much.

I've had the good fortune of seeing one of the 1 of 8 vert's. Have pics too. The last I knew it was valued at $1.5 mil

Mark

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. These guys and gals are great. everyone has helped me so much.

I've had the good fortune of seeing one of the 1 of 8 vert's. Have pics too. The last I knew it was valued at $1.5 mil

Mark
Mark, Please share :)

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Dave,

Yeah, I would have been real stupid to give up a Trans Am convertible. Who knew that muscle cars would be worth as much as they are today. I guess there's no price on reliving one's youth. The really ironic thing is that the once 3rd place Mopars are now leading the race in values. It's just too bad for younger guys who really love these old cars trying to get into the hobby and all they can afford is a Pacer (not that there's anything wrong with that).
Matt, I hear you on that! :yes:

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Welcome Matt ,good for you ,as I am not a purest guy myself but appreciate
number maching lots of good knowledgeable people here,have fun good luck from Washington state ....Happy Motoring

1 - 14 of 14 Posts