Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever thought about how many nice people you meet fooling around with these old cars, and I know there are some lemons out there too but generally the biggest percentage are nice frindly people. Met a guy by the name Norm tonight he came by a picked up a car I sold to a guy in N.Y. he is from Michican nice guy.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I can attest that beyond the countless people who are nice just because of the common interest. There are some that just go above and beyond. The greatest part about my Camaro story is a particular person who showed that the passion for Camaros has real power.

Thanks
Tim

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Yep, I've very much enjoyed meeting folks from around the country (and sometimes other countries!) due to owning my Camaro...But like anything else, SOME folks are never happy no matter what they do. Everyone I've met from this board have been super great folks and I would twist wrenches with them any time! To me, it's a neat benefit of Classic Camaro ownership :D

Dan B ;)

·
Registered
183 Posts
I think so too

I was looking at some nice used mono-leaf spring cushions on Ebay. I didn't bid and the auction was over. Then I realized I actually needed them. I e-mailed the guy and he's real nice. A Nova dude. Anyways he says he'll give them to me!! I payed shipping and he sent them as a freebee!!
I tell ya, us gearheads are generally the coolest folks I meet. Doesn't seem to matter what make you're into, once you let on you're into cars most people seem to appreciate that.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I'm very nice and also humble. :D

·
Registered
183 Posts
Heh heh "I'm the nicest guy I know."

·
Retired
16,044 Posts
No question about it,
met the nicest folks in our ventures over the last few years. Had a little car trouble on the way to Seattle and a GM dealer in Fargo pushed us to the front of the line to get us fixed and on the road again. In Seattle, same thing, PS hose blew, dealer got us in right away. The car shows are a blast, so many cool people with the same stories but from different perspectives. Even saw a 'full moon' in Seattle.
Ive also gotten FREE parts from folks in here when I happen to need what they didnt want anymore. I also have some that I will part with sometime.
See you folks somewhere

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Its not just a Camaro thing. When I was in Oregon last week (which by the way has the highest percentage of nice people of any state in the country), I had stopped in to get gas in North Powder, Oregon, and got to talking cars with this old man that was pumping the gas. He took me around to the side of the gas station and showed me his nearly all original '55 Chrysler New Yorker, complete with the original 331 hemi. The only things not original was a '56 or '57 4bbl intake and carb, and he had swapped the original 2 speed auto for a later 3 speed, and it had duals and glasspacks on it. This car was his daily driver
Of course, then he had to show me his '59 Dodge Power Wagon 4x4 with the 5.38 gears, 38" tires, and a nasty 383/4 speed. :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts