Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may not have a 1st Gen anymore but you folks and myself have one thing in common.. we've spent a buttload of $ in our cars. I can look you in the eye and tell you I have $30,000 in my 3rd Gen twin turbo Camaro (w/reciepts to prove it). I am fixing to get Grundy insurance and am going to order this:

http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/livewire-lightninggps-trackingdevice.html

Is that too paranoid? Have any of you done this? If you dont want to read the link, its basically a GPS tracking system w/5 second updates.. If my car is stolen I will know exactly where it is at every 5 seconds. If my car moves I will get notified.

-Alex

·
Super Moderator
33,725 Posts
You should look into buying a 95(?) and later cell phone from the pawn shop, replace the battery, activate it from your local cell company and throw it into the car.

Any cell phone with at least Navigation capability will have GPS.

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
If mine ever gets running again I will go the LoJack route
I wouldnt do that. A friends beemer got jacked and it was 2 days before the police could do anything because of lojack policy on who they talk to when the car is stolen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.