Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a week ago, my 95 Camaro would stall unless I accelerated, once I took my foot off the gas pedal, it would die. Before this happened, every once in awhile the idle became so high I didn't even have to give it gas for it to move. I had the Idle Control Sensor changed and it was fine. Yesterday, it all started again, I had to rev it high for it not to stall, and was lucky to get it home. I thought maybe it was the fuel pump, but used the fuel sensor kit on it and it is good. What other reasons can this be? Please let me know if you need more info.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Is the check engine light on? If so what codes are set?
"Idle Control Sensor" do you mean Idle Air Control?
What is a fuel sensor kit?
If I were to take a guess, it has a vacuum leak.
Dale

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry, I re-read my OP and I messed up a few things....First, no engine lights are coming on. Yes, I meant the Idle Air Control Sensor, and I meant fuel pressure tester kit. I guess I had sensors on the brain, lol.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is the check engine light on? If so what codes are set?
"Idle Control Sensor" do you mean Idle Air Control?
What is a fuel sensor kit?
If I were to take a guess, it has a vacuum leak.
Dale

I found the problems......the PVC valve was clogged and a vacuum leak, like you said. Thanks so much.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Could be a leak in the hose between the air flow sensor and the throttle body.
Could be a bad temperature sensor on the engine which tells the FI to go rich so you need to apply lots of throttle to get adequate air.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well when I take the pcv valve off it runs. I bought a new valve and module its attached to, but as soon as I hooked it up, same problem. Funny enough, when I take the valve back out, its runs fine. I will check out that temp sensor now, maybe thats the problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could be a leak in the hose between the air flow sensor and the throttle body.
Could be a bad temperature sensor on the engine which tells the FI to go rich so you need to apply lots of throttle to get adequate air.

You were absolutely right about the temp sensor. That is exactly what it was. From now on, when I am having trouble, I will be asking you, lol......thank you so much.

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
Thanks for the follow up and good call paul.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts