Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1996 chevy camaro rs v6-3.8 that i bought for my wife a few months ago and this morning when she was fixing to leave out for work she said it would not start so i went out there to see what she was talking about and when you turn the ignition power on is shows the battery is barely above the red mark on the column. well anyways i had the battery checked and it showed that it was good!!! i then thought maybe it could be the starter not working, well when you try to start it all i get is 1 click noise and thats it? so i dont think it could be the starter...anyone ever had the same problem? oh yeah i also checked all fuses in it:thumbsup: thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update to car not starting...well all the basic things have been checked out on the car and it seems to have a issue with the vat system that is in the car. well anyways its off to the dealership...thanks for all the help people!!!

·
Super Moderator
32,355 Posts
If VATS was working, it should not have allowed the starter to energize, period.
If starter is making a click/clunk with ign key in start position, then VATS is being satisfied and allowing the starter to energize.

It will be interesting to read what dealer has to say.
Your symptoms read like a dirty battery cable connection at either end.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what a brain fart on my part well like i have stated in several of my post am fairly new to the camaro at hand...the starter was bad!!! has been fixed now the wife is happy again:thumbsup: never seen one go bad like it did syptoms were weird.:beers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts