Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm rebuilding the carb on my 67 and was wondering if anyone had a really good in depth EASY TO READ diagram of a two barrel rochester? if so can someone please email it too me, or post it on here? i'v never tried rebuilding a carb before, everyone told me those were the easiest to do and could do it in an hour...i got the kit and there sure are more than an hours worth of pieces in there!!

thanks,
Mike

·
3,564 Posts
Mike,
I dont know which kit you got, but the kits usually have the best exploded view of the carb that you are going to find. Most of them are set up so that you go by the numbers. Take part number 1 off, then #2 etc. After you clean everything, put it all back together in the reverse order. If you have never done one before, I would try to find Doug Roes book on Rochester carburetors .... it is the best one there is. Amazon.com has them used sometimes.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
You can rebuild the carb! Unfortunately Doug Roe's book only covers the 4-barrel Quadrajet. Bill is right as far as the kit's usually have a diagram that is as good as you are going to get. For a first time rebuild I recommend lots of digital pictures of the assembly and disassembly process.

I also recommend that you do not completely remove everything.
Remove the cover from the body and base from the body.
Do not remove the throttle shaft or choke butterflys.
Do not remove any of the choke or fast idle mechanisms without a full set of digital pictures. These mechanisms can be difficult for the first time and since each car can be different the diagrams are usually terrible. Just clean the mechanisms and make sure there is no sticking.

TTFN
Mat

1 - 3 of 3 Posts